At Performance Rehabilitation, we provide comprehensive orthopedic physical therapy services using state of the art equipment and techniques. Each program is individually designed for your specific goals and needs.
We understand the pain you are going through. Our staff prides itself on its commitment to excellence and we strive to make your experience as enjoyable and comfortable as possible.
Our goal is to provide you with a positive and supportive atmosphere to encourage emotional and physical success. We provide care with compassion to improve your well-being and prepare you for a return to a better quality of life.
Let us show you that we care. You will feel the difference!
WE PROUDLY OFFER THE ONLY DEDICATED AQUATIC THERAPY POOL IN THE AREA.
Performance Rehabilitation provides one-on-one aquatic therapy in a private environment. The heated therapy pool relieves gravity from your painful joints and muscles, and there is no need to swim. We have a powered underwater treadmill providing a significant advantage. A lift is also available to help you gently in and out of the pool.
HOW IT WORKS
Aquatic therapy has been around for a long time. Patients have seen improvements in endurance, strength, pulmonary function, pain and even self-esteem. Techniques of aquatic therapy vary and are often specific to injury or condition. There are exercises specific to improving flexibility and strength training, as well as ambulatory exercise and therapeutic swimming. The water can be controlled depending on the outcome one is looking for. The best way to do this is through the temperature of the water. Warmer water can be used for vasodilation, which draws blood into the tissues. This increased blood flow delivers the necessary oxygen and nutrients while removing cell wastes. Warm water also decreases muscle spasm, relieves pain, increases range of motion and relaxes tense muscles.
Just about everyone can benefit from aquatic therapy or water exercise. But people with these specific injuries/conditions will also see improved results from this therapy: arthritis, fractures, joint sprains, torn ligaments, sports injuries, knee/hip replacement, muscle spasms, back or neck pain, fibromyalgia, pregnancy-related pain, walking or balance issues, Parkinson’s disease, osteoporosis, stroke and lymphedema. Here are just a few benefits of working in the water:
- Relaxation: The temperature of water can be controlled to help relax muscles as well as blood vessels. This can lead to an increased blood flow in injured areas. For patients with back pain or acute pain, the water can be something to look forward to.
- Resistance: Have you ever performed an exercise in the water? It can be pretty tough thanks to the viscosity of water. That resistance creates increased muscle strength without the need to use weights.
- Buoyancy: Floating in the water can be fun, but buoyancy can actually help support the weight of a patient. Water lessens the stress placed on joints, which makes exercises less painful to perform.
- Pressure: Water creates hydrostatic pressure, which can decrease swelling and allow a patient to be better aware of joint position. Patients can feel a better sense of relative placement which will also improve exercises. The hydrostatic pressure can also assist in decreasing joint and soft-tissue swelling.
Keep in mind that aquatic therapy is not for everyone. Individuals with some forms of cardiac disease, fevers, incontinence open wounds or infections should typically avoid aquatic therapy. Remember to discuss your conditions with your physician before beginning any aquatic therapy program.
If you are wondering if aquatic therapy can help you, please give us a call and we will be happy to discuss your specific needs!
We provide a personalized, comprehensive and holistic approach to physical and sports medicine. We focus on the recovery from musculoskeletal injuries, restore function, promote healing, and alleviate pain in patients with a wide variety of acute injuries and chronic conditions. Whether you have a relatively minor injury, or you live with continuous pain or reduced musculoskeletal function, we can customize a treatment program that is tailored specifically to your individual condition, needs, and desired outcome.
Having a fairly active lifestyle is normal and we are dedicated to helping people of all ages and abilities recover from injuries that are a result of this active lifestyle. We offer tailored medical programs to treat a variety of conditions including sports injuries, chronic medical conditions, and many other musculoskeletal injuries.
Our expert staff offers a range of goal-oriented treatment options. Our medical focus is designed to treat the framework of the body and includes such options as:
- Traditional physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Non-surgical treatment
- Movement analysis
- Posture re-education
At Performance Rehabilitation, our approach to Sports Medicine is to provide a comprehensive set of options to maintain your athleticism, heal your body from injury, and keep it as pain free as possible. We do this through a combination of traditional medicine, advanced technologies and therapies, and a customized approach to treating each patient as an individual with unique needs and goals.
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
We have the most educated, professional and well-trained staff with the focus of educating youth and adults on the importance of strength and conditioning training. We provide a positive, encouraging space for training and fitness to take place. At Performance Rehabilitation, our goal is to build self-confidence and change the face of training today. Strength & Conditioning is a science based approach to training with a goal of maximizing athletic capability while minimizing injury potential. As strength and conditioning specialists we will aim to improve the attributes necessary to compete at a high level by enhancing your power, strength, speed, and mental discipline.
1.) Have you completed your physical therapy sessions, but want to continue on the path to wellness?
2.) Do you want to start a fitness program, but are intimidated by the “gym” atmosphere?
3.) Want to feel better, have more energy and even add years to your life?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, look no further…we can help!
- We provide a positive, encouraging, safe space for training & fitness to take place!
- We develop an exercise program designed specifically for your needs and goals.
- Personalized direction from our caring, professional staff.
- Three (3) 1-hour sessions per week.
- Only $40 per month. No long-term contracts.
- Appointments available at YOUR convenience!
Your investment will pay off over time if you consider making wellness an essential component of your long-term growth strategy!
QUALITY CARE TECHNIQUES
We use state of the art equipment and techniques to provide you with the most comprehensive physical therapy care.
- Graston Technique Provider
- Game Ready Ice compress
- LSVT BIG (exercise treatment program for Parkinson’s patients)
- Neil Asher Technique (trigger point technique for frozen shoulder, muscle pain)
- Frozen Shoulder
- Ultrasound: Uses sound waves, warms (good for strains, sprains, muscles)
- Electric stimulation: Frequency based, current/voltage (Interferential)
- Ice/heat (moist)
- Biofeedback & biofeedback w/muscle stimulation
- Muscle stimulation
- Paraffin (deep heat – good for hand, wrist, feet, ankle)
- Lumbar/cervical traction
- Pressure biofeedback stabilizer (for posture, lumbar back issues)